OSM stands for ‘offsite monitoring’. Offsite monitoring is the monitoring of a Camera system on Event based detection. (events include Motion Detection / Line Crossing) Camera monitoring is not 24/7.
A controller will receive a Pop-up video feed of a camera that was triggered. Thereafter, the controller will handle the Pop-up according to that site’s / clients’ specifications.
What Are the Benefits of Offsite Monitoring?
OSM includes the following benefits for clients:
- More cost Efficient than a guard.
- A Camera never sleeps.
- No False Alarms.
- Real Event Monitoring (no blind alarms).
- Camera visual (data connection required).
- Allows independent dispatch of response company and monitoring of that response company.
- Follow up on response company control room when response arrives on site.
- Reduce false alarm Reaction dispatches.
- Peace of mind after lockup of premises.
Who Do You Choose For Your Offsite Monitoring Services?
There are hundreds of security surveillance companies that offer offsite monitoring services.
So how do you know which one is going to offer you the better service?
Firstly, we recommend you research each of the security companies you have received a quote from.
Secondly, ask the business for client references.
Try avoid going for the one-stop-shop security surveillance company. These include the onsite guarding, the offsite monitoring and everything in between. Hiring these sort of companies can sometimes lead to collusion should anything ever happen onsite. Therefore, if the client wants onsite guarding and offsite monitoring, we recommend employing 2 separate organizations.
What Do I Get with The Offsite Monitoring Service?
Top Security provides the following services:
- Perimeter intrusion detection.
- More effective than guards as the Camera System can “see” everywhere at all times, whereas guards sleep and can only see where they patrol occasionally.
- Remote access control can be provided.
- Two-way Communication – we can communicate with suspects seen on site. (optional extra)
- Multiple detection methods (Motion Detection / Line Crossing.
- Specialized camera schedule set up as per client’s requirements (E.g. camera 1 = 24 hours Camera 2 = 18:00 – 07:30)
- In the event of positive detection, we will contact the SAPS, Security Company and/or relevant emergency services.
- International Control room Backup
Choose Top Security As Your Preferred Remote Monitoring Service Provider
Top Security was established in 1992. The best security in the world is only as good as the response it generates. Ultimately, Top Security provides a service to its customers, and the technology employed is only a tool.
The real quality of the service depends on the ability, training, supervision and management of the Top Security employees. Therefore, the key to our success is our commitment to customers. Contact our professional team today for more information.